Institute of Human Resources Development
The Institute of Human Resourses Development(IHRD) is a Government of Kerala undertaking established mainly for the development of manpower in the field of Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology and allied areas. With a view to provide advanced skills in the above fields
Starting in 1987, with the institutional centre at Thiruvananthapuram and Model polytechnics in 1988 at Vadakara, IHRD has grown within a short period into a network of more than 92 institutions in Kerala as given below.
- 9 Engineering Colleges
- 43 College of Applied Science
- 7 Model Poly Technic Colleges
- 21 Technical Higher Secondary Schools
- 2 Regional Centres
- 2 Model Finishing Schools
- 9 Extension/Study Centres
In addition to regular courses of study in academic establishments, IHRD also runs short and long term employment oriented and continuing education programs.
College of Applied Science Pattuvam, one of the institutions under Institute of Human Resources Development, Thiruvananthapuram was established in 1999 near Taliparamba in Kannur district to provide technological courses in University streams. The College is affiliated to Kannur University. It was the first institution in Kannur University to provide such courses. Since the beginning the institution is in the forefront of imparting world class education to the youngsters and the drive continues. The students who pass out from this Institution is working in various prestigious Companies worldwide. Our main features are dedicated and well qualified teachers, well equipped Laborataries, Library and Placement Cell. We help students to lashes their dreams and fly in the infinite sky.
The college offers BSc Computer Science, BSc Electronics, BCom with Computer Application, MSc Computer Science, MSc Electronics , MCom (Finance) etc. of Kannur University.
Along with the main stream courses the college conducts various IHRD Courses.
- To provide education and training of consistently high stands and versatile programs that are responsible to the current and emerging needs of the community.
- To ensure that the aim of education is realized not only in the acquisition of new knowledge and skills, but also in the attainment of wisdom and judgment indispensable to their proper application.
- To provide leadership and support in ensuring life long learning, which promotes the total development of the individual and society in which the person functions.
- To pursue optimal and flexible systems management concepts and techniques for fulfillment of institutional objects and aspirations.
- To empower those interested to benefit, by making use of the knowledge, experience and expertise gained by the institute
- IHRD is dedicated to scientific advancement, technological progress and economic growth of the country through human resources development. It shall endeavor to adhere to the principle." Think Globally and Act Locally", so that compulsions of the nation's welfare are firmly entwined with and embedded in the worldwide goals of society